There's a reason why King whetstones are so popular. Not only are they affordable, they're exceptionally high quality. The King Deluxe is a soft whetstone that is gentle on fine steel blades. It's easy to see and feel the stone cutting your blade as you sharpen it, which makes it perfect for beginners. In addition, the softness of the stone makes it feel good to use.
King Deluxe medium grit whetstones are suitable for most everyday blades, including planers, sickles, chef knives, gardening shears, hatchets, axes and more.
800 grit whetstones are extremely versatile, and cut a little faster than slightly finer varieties of "medium grit" stones (1000, 1200, 1500). So they're great for reparing dull and damaged blades, or blades with chipped edges.
If your blades are in good overall condition, but a little dull, the King Deluxe 1000 and 1200 grit whetstones may be more appropriate.
- Soak the stone in water until bubbles stop surfacing (15-30 minutes).
- Sharpen your knife on the stone, gradually forming a muddy slurry on the blade.
- Wash and dry your knife.
- Rinse your whetstone under clean water, pat-dry with paper towel, and air-dry completely before storing.
- Rotate stone with each use to ensure even wearing, and flatten as-needed.
- Model: King Deluxe No.800
- Manufacturer: Matsunaga Stone Co.,Ltd.
- Material: Synthetic stone
- Grit: 800 grit
- Size (approx.): 207 x 66 x 34 mm
- Item weight (approx.): 1000 g
- Made in Japan