You and your personal information are protected by various laws and guidance and we are committed to upholding these and respecting your privacy and keeping your information safe. We want you to be fully informed so this policy thoroughly describes how daitool.com and its parent (collectively, "Daitool", "the site", “we” or "us") collects, uses, and discloses your personal information when you visit or make a purchase from daitool.com
What Information Do We Collect and Why?
Data and/or Personal Information
We may collect certain data and/or personal information about your device, your interaction with the site, and personal information necessary to process your purchases. We collect this information when you provide it to us through your use of the Daitool Services, for example when you interact with our website, place an order, or sign up for our mailing list. We may also collect additional information if you contact us for customer support.
One of our goals in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience (such as to process and ship your orders, respond to customer service requests, analyze and improve the our services, and to conduct marketing). If you register for email, we will send you limited and exclusive emails about a variety of topics such as new products, special sales and promotional offers.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
Information You Post
All information that you share about yourself, whether of a personal nature or not, in a public open forum – such as on a social network, forums or open groups – is likely public information. Information that you provide using these features may be available to other users or the general public.
Daitool does not sell products for purchase by children. However, we sell some children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our site only with the involvement and permission of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information relating to anyone under the age of 18 years old unless for some reason you provide it to us.
Bases For Processing Your Personal Information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. This means we must have one or more legal bases to use your personal information. Most of these will be self-explanatory. The most common legal bases which will apply to our use of your personal information are set out below:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you which covers your relationship with us or to take steps to enter into that contract.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation which applies to us, for example complying with laws relating to the sale of products to consumers or complying with data protection laws.
- Where it is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We have set out in the section below how we use your personal information together with more details on our legitimate interests.
- You have given your consent. Generally we do not rely on or need your consent for most uses we make of your personal information, but we will need your consent to directly market our products and services to you by electronic communications channels such as email or SMS/MMS.
Sharing Personal Information (PI)
We are not in the business of selling, renting or trading personal information to others. We do not disclose your PI to third parties, except as follows:
- Any third party approved by you.
- Service or product providers to our business that help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you. For example; information technology services suppliers, third-party analytics vendors such as Google Analytics, delivery and shipping providers and fraud prevention organizations.
- When we are required to do so by our legal and other professional advisers, including our auditors or any professional advisors appointed by you, for example a legal advisor.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with applicable law, legal process, and/or governmental authorities.
- Another company within our group of companies, especially if you have a relationship with that part of our group.
- In the unlikely event we sell all or part of our business, assets or
shares or restructure whether by merger, re-organization or in another way.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure and so we have numerous security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under our control. We will always aim to use best in class security systems implemented across our networks and hardware to ensure access and information are protected. Our security measures include:
- Take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure your personal information is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- Encryption of all credit card data through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). The information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption.
- Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
- In order to help protect personal information you provide to us, you: (i) should sign off and close your browser when finished using a shared computer, (ii) should not share your password or account information with others, (iii) should use a secure internet connection and web browser, (iv) should select a unique, complex, secure password, (v) should change your password frequently, and (vi) should not use the same password elsewhere. If you become aware of any loss, theft, or unauthorized use of a password, please contact us immediately using the contact information below.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
Your Privacy Rights
We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use your personal information and in meeting our data protection obligations. You have the following rights with respect to the personal information we collect, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- GDPR: If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
- CCPA: If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
- You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
- As described above, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here.
- As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. You can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal.
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
- When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at daitool.com/contact or by mail using the details provided below:
Expandy Co., Ltd., 661-0035, Hyōgo Amagasaki 3-19-3 Mukonoso, Japan
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail or by mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
Last updated: May 1, 2022