King Deluxe whetstones are one of the most widely-used whetstones in the west. They're manufactured by Matsunaga Stone in Osaka, Japan. They are a soft stone, and they require being fully soaked before use. Due to this, they create a nice muddy slurry to sharpen your blade in, and are far more suitable for fine steel than "splash-and-go" whetstones.
1200 grit is perfect for regularly touching up knives that are already in good condition.
If you're refinishing a very dull or chipped blade, try a slightly lower grit, like the King Deluxe 800 Grit.
- Soak the stone in water until bubbles stop surfacing (15-30 minutes).
- Sharpen your knife on the stone, gradually forming a muddy slurry on the blade.
- Wash and dry your knife.
- Rinse your whetstone under clean water, pat-dry with paper towel, and air-dry completely before storing.
- Rotate stone with each use to ensure even wearing, and flatten as-needed.
- Model: King Deluxe No.1200
- Manufacturer: Matsunaga Stone Co.,Ltd.
- Material: Synthetic stone
- Grit: 1200 grit
- Size (approx.): 207 x 66 x 34 mm
- Item weight (approx.): 1000 g
- Made in Japan